BARC Developmental Services offers many career ladders in both clinical and non-clinical areas. Those who choose to work within BARC Developmental Services do so in a multi-faceted environment that allows each associate to perform, grow and succeed. Because we are a growth-oriented, creative agency we seek associates with wide ranging skills and backgrounds to join our team.
BARC Developmental Services provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sexual orientation, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, membership in other protected groups, or any other characteristic protected by law, in accordance with applicable federal, state, local laws, and our policy governing nondiscrimination in employment. Employee relatives, friends, or associates are also protected against discrimination in speech and/or actions. All offers of employment are made conditionally upon a successful criminal background check, FBI check, physical/TB/chest-x-ray, and driver’s license check when applicable.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive wage and benefit package, as well as the chance to work for an agency that is committed to improving the quality of life and well being of all those individuals entrusted to our care. Our benefit package includes but is not limited to the following:
- Medical Insurance (including prescription, dental, and vision)
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Program (403b)
- Paid Holidays, Personal, Sick, and Vacation
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Credit Union
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Term Life
We encourage you to explore the career opportunities that are available. To discuss a position with a Human Resources Representative call us toll-free at 1-888-225-6755 x 348. Be sure to ask about our increased starting rates. BARC Developmental Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You may also fill out our
and send it to:
BARC Developmental Services
ATTN: Human Resources
P.O. Box 470
Holicong, PA 18928
Or contact our recruiters directly:
Toll Free: 888-225-6755
POSITIONS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE:
Occupational, Physical & Speech Therapists
If you enjoy helping young children grow and develop then join our team! BARC Developmental Services Early Intervention program seeks licensed independent contractors who are willing to work in the home, community or centers with children ages birth to three years old who have special learning needs. Opportunities available throughout Bucks County.
Requirements for all positions include valid driver’s license and own vehicle for agency business.
Speech therapists: Pennsylvania license to practice and Master’s degree required. Pennsylvania teaching certificate preferred
Occupational therapists: Pennsylvania license to practice and Master’s degree
Physical therapists: Pennsylvania license to practice and Master’s degree
Assistant Home Manager
Working supervisor to provide direct care and assist Home Manager to monitor all aspects of a residential group home supporting adults with intellectual disabilities. Work as a team member. Take the opportunity to develop your own supervisory skills for future career growth at BARC Developmental Services. Build lasting relationships with those you support and work alongside.
- Minimum of six months experience working with individuals with special needs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be physically able to provide assistance to the individuals supported.
Full-time position in the Doylestown or Quakertown area. Hours generally 3 – 11 pm and every other weekend.
Become part of a team of motivated direct care professionals. Assist adults with developmental disabilities become more independent by offering guidance and support for daily living activities, self-help and social skills following prescribed support plans. Encourage personal choice and community integration through various activities.
Education equivalent to high school,
- Ability to learn approved safety techniques, and provide physical assistance to individuals supported.
- Must be at least twenty-one years of age with a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Positions available in Doylestown and Quakertown areas including a variety of afternoon, evening and weekend hours.
Health Care Coordinator
BARC Developmental Services is currently hiring for the position of Health Care Coordinator in our Residential Services Department. The position is located at our residential offices in Quakertown, Pennsylvania.
The Health Care Coordinator is responsible to assist individuals with intellectual disabilities in meeting their medical health care needs by scheduling appointments, providing transportation with agency vehicle and carrying out duties within the philosophy of a therapeutic environment. The Health Care Coordinator works primarily daytime hours, Monday through Friday with flexibility for early am and later pm appointments. This is a full time, benefited position – 37.5 hours per week.
- High school diploma
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have had a valid driver’s license for at least 3 years and have an acceptable driving record according to agency policy
- Six months previous experience with individuals with intellectual disabilities
- Good communication skills and computer experience
- Able to learn and become certified in CPR and First Aid
- Background checks are done on all applicants
Life Sharing Provider
Become a Life Sharing provider to an adult with developmental disabilities. Life Sharing is typically a long-term relationship allowing the individual to feel the security of becoming a member of a family and community. A Life Sharing provider may be a married couple, a single person or several single persons who are sensitive to individuals with special needs; who have access to transportation and a residence with adequate living space to welcome another family member.Participating families receive tax-free reimbursement for expenses incurred. To learn more about opportunities call Melanie Tiedeman at 215-536-2097 ext 308.
- Minimum of one-year previous experience
- a high school diploma or GED a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
Program SpecialistBARC Developmental Services is currently hiring for the position of Program Specialist in our vocational department. The position is located at our production facility in Warminster, Pennsylvania. The Program Specialist, with the leadership of the Rehabilitation Manager, is responsible to the workers supported for providing an active leadership and advocacy role in the provision of clinical supports for persons supported, using a team approach. The Program Specialist is responsible for an assigned caseload and performs plan development, paperwork completion and file maintenance; worker counseling and support; regulations compliance and case note development as guided by each worker’s support plan.
This position is expected to demonstrate support to individuals throughconsistent communication and practices including assistance with maintenance of positive working relations with appropriate agencies, administrative officials, associates and others. The Program Specialist may be expected to fulfill portions of other Vocational staff’s duties in the absence of another team member.
The satisfaction of the workers and families supported through BARC is essential. The Program Specialist is expected to assist workers, family members, staff and others with concern and empathy; respect for their confidentiality and privacy and at all times communicate in a courteous and respectful manner.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this position successfully, an associate must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable associates with disabilities to perform the essential function.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or a related field with at least 30 credit hours in Human Services required
- One year of previous experience working directly with persons having developmental disabilities required
- Proficiency in Excel and MS Word software preferred
- Valid PA driver’s license and acceptable driving record required (based on BARC Driver Safety Policy).
Job Type: Full Time EOE
Food Services Assistant
The Food Services Assistant is responsible for the daily operation of the Food Services program that is designed to train assigned workers in all aspects of food service.
The Food Services Assistant will train 4 to 6 individuals with developmental disabilities in all phases of food preparation, serving, sales and clean-up. This will include hygiene requirements and safety issues surrounding use of all equipment and based on the skill and interest of the individuals supported. This position must demonstrate full understanding of and compliance with local health regulations, and must become certified as a Food Safety Manager as required by the Bucks County Department of Health.
This position is based at the production facility in Warminster. The schedule is Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:30 pm – 40 hours per week.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2 years related experience in and knowledge of food service, cafeteria operations, food preparation, inventory and distribution
• 1 year experience in coaching others to perform tasks
• Good command of oral and written English
• interpersonal skills
• attention to detail
• Valid PA driver’s license and acceptable driving record
• Own transportation for agency business
Rewarding position providing support to adults with developmental disabilities involved in light assembly-line production activities. Act as a role model by reinforcing appropriate social and work behavior and document progress of workers supported. Must be willing to provide assistance with personal hygiene.
- High school diploma or GED
- Good communication skills
- Ability to perform physical assembly work
- Ability to assist workers with direct care needs throughout the day.
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record according to agency policy
Full-time position, Monday through Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm, available in our Quakertown and Warminster production facilities.
Opportunity to supervise and assist adults having developmental disabilities in a day program that emphasizes social and recreational activities. Implement daily activities allowing for maximum participation, as well as assistance with direct care to those supported.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Be physically able to provide physical assistance to individuals supported
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record according to agency policy
- Must be able to learn and become certified in CPR and First Aid
Full-time, Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Positions available at our Quakertown and Warminster locations.
Production Worker–Provisional (on-call)
Worker needed at Quakertown and Warminster Production facilities to perform contract work including light assembly, packing and sorting according to facility qualitative and quantitative levels and acting as a role model for workers supported and others within the facility.
Work hours are on an as-needed basis generally between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. Previous manufacturing experience such as production activities that include light assembly, quality control, inspection, some machine operation and light lifting preferred. Experience with persons having developmental disabilities and/or senior citizens preferred.