BARC Developmental Services offers many career ladders in both clinical and non-clinical areas. Those who choose to work within BARC Developmental Services do so in a multi-faceted environment that allows each associate to perform, grow and succeed. Because we are a growth-oriented, creative agency we seek associates with wide ranging skills and backgrounds to join our team.
BARC Developmental Services provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sexual orientation, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, membership in other protected groups, or any other characteristic protected by law, in accordance with applicable federal, state, local laws, and our policy governing nondiscrimination in employment. Employee relatives, friends, or associates are also protected against discrimination in speech and/or actions. All offers of employment are made conditionally upon a successful criminal background check, FBI check, physical/TB/chest-x-ray, and driver’s license check when applicable.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive wage and benefit package, as well as the chance to work for an agency that is committed to improving the quality of life and well being of all those individuals entrusted to our care. Our benefit package includes but is not limited to the following:
- Medical Insurance (including prescription, dental, and vision)
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Program (403b)
- Paid Holidays, Personal, Sick, and Vacation
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Credit Union
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Term Life
We encourage you to explore the career opportunities that are available. To discuss a position with a Human Resources Representative call us toll-free at 1-888-225-6755 x 348. Be sure to ask about our increased starting rates. BARC Developmental Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You may also fill out our
and send it to:
BARC Developmental Services
ATTN: Human Resources
P.O. Box 470
Holicong, PA 18928
Or contact our recruiters directly:
Toll Free: 888-225-6755
POSITIONS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE:
None at this time.
The Accounting Manager, with the leadership of the Chief Financial Officer, is responsible to the individuals supported for contributing to proactive fiscal management of the agency’s resources and financial opportunities. The Accounting Manager performs general ledger maintenance, reporting (federal, state and other); financial statement preparation; journal entries; account analysis; statement reconciliation; system and procedure development and budgeting and provides workflow monitoring and supervision for designated fiscal department staff.
This position is expected to demonstrate support to individuals through consistent communication and practices among BARC Developmental Services sites, including assistance with maintenance of positive working relations with appropriate agencies, administrative officials, other associates, and the general public. The Accounting Manager may be expected to fulfill portions of other fiscal staff’s duties in the absence of another department member.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school diploma required plus three years accounting and supervisory experience with knowledge of all accounting practices. Accounting degree preferred. Computer proficiency required.
The Accounting Manager works daytime hours, Monday through Friday, and is based in the corporate office in Holicong
BARC Developmental Services is currently hiring for the position of Support Associate in our residential homes throughout Bucks County – including Warminster, Doylestown, Perkasie, Sellersville, and Quakertown. There are daytime, 3pm-11pm and Overnight Awake Shifts for multiple homes in these areas. We have Full time and Part time schedules open.
Support Associate responsibilities include:
- Provide in home direct care and supports to individuals with Developmental Disabilities
- Assist with personal care (includes bathing, dressing and bathroom use).
- Participation in community and recreational activities.
- Administer medications.
- Provide transportation using agency provided vehicle.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record in accordance with agency policy if over age 21.
- Experience with persons having intellectual disabilities and/or senior citizens preferred but not required. In addition, the ability to foster social and work interests of participants is helpful. Applicants must be willing to assist individuals with personal hygiene needs and provide direct supports.
- The Support Associate’s primary hours would be 3 PM to 11PM or 11PM to 9AM. Applicants must be able and willing to attend paid training classes that are held during daytime business hours.
Health Care Coordinator
The Health Care Coordinator is responsible to assist individuals with intellectual disabilities in meeting their medical health care needs by scheduling appointments, providing transportation with agency vehicle and carrying out duties within the philosophy of a therapeutic environment. The Health Care Coordinator works primarily during daytime hours 8:30-4:30pm, Monday through Friday with flexibility for early am and later pm appointments. This is a full time, benefited position – 37.5 hours per week. This position is located at our residential office in Quakertown, PA.
- High school diploma
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have had a valid driver’s license for at least 3 years and have an acceptable driving record according to agency policy.
- Six months previous experience with individuals with intellectual disabilities
- Good communication skills and computer experience
- Able to learn and become certified in CPR and First Aid
The Maintenance Technician, with the leadership of the BARC Developmental Service’s Maintenance Supervisor and Specialist and the Residential Director, is responsible for providing preventive maintenance and repair services for BARC Residential Homes and Production Services’ facilities including plumbing, mechanical, electrical, carpentry, painting, and masonry work.
- Education equivalent to high school education.
- Two years previous experience in general maintenance required.
- Skills/background must include plumbing, mechanical, electrical, carpentry, painting, landscaping & masonry work.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Willing to be part of on-call rotation and must be able to respond to emergency situations during unscheduled hours.
- Heavy lifting and ladder work required
- Includes snow plowing responsibilities/equipment provided
The Maintenance Technician generally works daytime hours and is based at either BARC’s Quakertown or Warminster facility.
Life Sharing Provider
Become a Life Sharing provider to an adult with developmental disabilities. Life Sharing is typically a long-term relationship allowing the individual to feel the security of becoming a member of a family and community. A Life Sharing provider may be a married couple, a single person or several single persons who are sensitive to individuals with special needs; who have access to transportation and a residence with adequate living space to welcome another family member.Participating families receive tax-free reimbursement for expenses incurred. To learn more about opportunities call Melanie Tiedeman at 215-536-2097 ext 308.
- Minimum of one-year previous experience
- a high school diploma or GED a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
We are currently hiring for the position of Production Coach in our vocational program in Quakertown. BARC Developmental Services offers a competitive wage and benefit package for full time associates.
Production Coach responsibilities include:
- Worker training
- Support and supervision
- Production activities and monitoring
- Quality control procedures
- Paperwork completion
- Program input and documentation
- Staff and worker safety
- Direct care and counseling
- Activity planning and facilitation
The Production Coach assists workers in attaining better job skills, monitors and implements identified Individual Worker Program Plan (IWPP) objectives, act as a role model in dress and conduct and provide counsel, support, and direct care to workers to assist them in developing skills and meeting personal needs.
Experience with persons having intellectual disabilities and/or senior citizens preferred but not required. In addition, the ability to foster social and work interests of participants is helpful. Applicants must be willing to assist individuals with personal hygiene needs and provide direct supports.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED required. Experience with persons having developmental disabilities and/or senior citizens preferred.
For more information about BARC Developmental Services please visit our website at www.barcprograms.org or find us on Facebook.
Job Type: Full-time