BARC Developmental Services offers many career ladders in both clinical and non-clinical areas. Those who choose to work within BARC Developmental Services do so in a multi-faceted environment that allows each associate to perform, grow and succeed. Because we are a growth-oriented, creative agency we seek associates with wide ranging skills and backgrounds to join our team.
BARC Developmental Services provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sexual orientation, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, membership in other protected groups, or any other characteristic protected by law, in accordance with applicable federal, state, local laws, and our policy governing nondiscrimination in employment. Employee relatives, friends, or associates are also protected against discrimination in speech and/or actions. All offers of employment are made conditionally upon a successful criminal background check, FBI check, physical/TB/chest-x-ray, and driver’s license check when applicable.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive wage and benefit package, as well as the chance to work for an agency that is committed to improving the quality of life and well being of all those individuals entrusted to our care. Our benefit package includes but is not limited to the following:
- Medical Insurance (including prescription, dental, and vision)
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Program (403b)
- Paid Holidays, Personal, Sick, and Vacation
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Credit Union
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Term Life
We encourage you to explore the career opportunities that are available. To discuss a position with a Human Resources Representative call us toll-free at 1-888-225-6755 x 348. Be sure to ask about our increased starting rates. BARC Developmental Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You may also fill out our
and send it to:
BARC Developmental Services
ATTN: Human Resources
P.O. Box 470
Holicong, PA 18928
Or contact our recruiters directly:
Toll Free: 888-225-6755
POSITIONS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE:
Occupational, Physical & Speech Therapists
If you enjoy helping young children grow and develop then join our team! BARC Developmental Services Early Intervention program seeks licensed independent contractors who are willing to work in the home, community or centers with children ages birth to three years old who have special learning needs. Opportunities available throughout Bucks County.
Requirements for all positions include valid driver’s license and own vehicle for agency business.
Speech therapists: Pennsylvania license to practice and Master’s degree required. Pennsylvania teaching certificate preferred
Occupational therapists: Pennsylvania license to practice and Master’s degree
Physical therapists: Pennsylvania license to practice and Master’s degree
None at this time
The Maintenance Technician, with the leadership of the BARC Developmental Service’s Maintenance Manager and Residential Director, is responsible for providing preventive maintenance and repair services for BARC Developmental Services’ facilities including plumbing, mechanical, electrical, carpentry, painting, and masonry work.
· The Maintenance Technician generally works daytime hours and is based at either BARC’s Quakertown or Warminster facility
· Education equivalent to high school education.
· Two years previous experience in general maintenance required.
· Skills/background must include plumbing, mechanical, electrical, carpentry, painting, landscaping & masonry work.
· Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
· Willing to be part of on-call rotation and must be able to respond to emergency situations during unscheduled hours. Additional compensation provided for on-call responsibilities.
· Heavy lifting and ladder work required
· Includes snow plowing responsibilities/equipment provided
Assistant Home Manager
Working supervisor to provide direct care and assist Home Manager to monitor all aspects of a residential group home supporting adults with intellectual disabilities. Work as a team member. Take the opportunity to develop your own supervisory skills for future career growth at BARC Developmental Services. Build lasting relationships with those you support and work alongside.
- Minimum of six months experience working with individuals with special needs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be physically able to provide assistance to the individuals supported.
Full-time position in the Doylestown or Quakertown area. Hours generally 3 – 11 pm and every other weekend.
Become part of a team of motivated direct care professionals. Assist adults with developmental disabilities become more independent by offering guidance and support for daily living activities, self-help and social skills following prescribed support plans. Encourage personal choice and community integration through various activities.
Education equivalent to high school,
- Ability to learn approved safety techniques, and provide physical assistance to individuals supported.
- Must be at least twenty-one years of age with a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Positions available in Doylestown and Quakertown areas including a variety of afternoon, evening and weekend hours.
Life Sharing Provider
Become a Life Sharing provider to an adult with developmental disabilities. Life Sharing is typically a long-term relationship allowing the individual to feel the security of becoming a member of a family and community. A Life Sharing provider may be a married couple, a single person or several single persons who are sensitive to individuals with special needs; who have access to transportation and a residence with adequate living space to welcome another family member.Participating families receive tax-free reimbursement for expenses incurred. To learn more about opportunities call Melanie Tiedeman at 215-536-2097 ext 308.
- Minimum of one-year previous experience
- a high school diploma or GED a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
Opportunity to supervise and assist adults having developmental disabilities in a day program that emphasizes social and recreational activities. Implement daily activities allowing for maximum participation, as well as assistance with direct care to those supported.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Be physically able to provide physical assistance to individuals supported
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record according to agency policy
- Must be able to learn and become certified in CPR and First Aid
Full-time, Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Positions available at our Quakertown and Warminster locations.
Production Worker–Provisional (on-call)
Worker needed at Quakertown and Warminster Production facilities to perform contract work including light assembly, packing and sorting according to facility qualitative and quantitative levels and acting as a role model for workers supported and others within the facility.
Work hours are on an as-needed basis generally between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. Previous manufacturing experience such as production activities that include light assembly, quality control, inspection, some machine operation and light lifting preferred. Experience with persons having developmental disabilities and/or senior citizens preferred.